THIS JOB WAS POSTED ON JULY 31st
The Los Angeles office of GolinHarris is seeking a Multicultural/Hispanic Media Associate (AAE or AE level) for the Nintendo account! Only self-starters who are passionate about the media and media relations need apply. This individual will be responsible for supporting campaigns for one of the world’s most beloved brands, Nintendo. The GH team supports Nintendo of America in launching new video games and gaming hardware, corporate reputation management, social media endeavors and the coordination of major media and consumer events.
GolinHarris has provided award-winning PR services for Nintendo of America for over 20 years. The team has helped launch innovative game platforms like Nintendo 3DS, Wii and Wii U, as well as introduce familiar names like Pokémon to the American public. Our team debuts news via multimedia press briefings for 4,000 people; hosts major consumer events in locations around the country, like New York, San Francisco and Las Vegas; conducts impactful digital and traditional media campaigns; and prides itself on teamwork and flawless execution.
The Los Angeles office seeks a talented Multicultural/Hispanic Media Associate, a go-getter who can become part of our growing Multicultural practice and connector community. A critical G4 community, connectors are channel experts who engage consumer and business audiences through social and mainstream media channels to share compelling stories.
This candidate should have about 4 years PR experience, as well as experience in consumer media relations and Hispanic PR programs. We also expect this team member to be fully bilingual in English and Spanish – spoken and written- have a strong interest and an understanding of the Hispanic Consumer Market (HCM) and experience working with general market and Hispanic media, as well as through social media channels.
¡En otras palabras, estamos buscando a un nuevo miembro del equipo que sea motivado y que le encante conectarse tanto con periodistas como con consumidores para así contribuir al éxito de nuestros clientes y sus marcas!
• Establish strong working and lasting relationships with key media and influencers, primarily in the Hispanic market, but also general market (a plus)
• Advise clients and agency teams on the changing nature of today’s media landscape
• Assist in the development of media strategy and provide ongoing media counsel to colleagues and clients
• Pitch and successfully place stories that drive business results with clients’ top-tier and other media, and influence consumers
• Proactively generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program’s media outreach efforts are successful
• Draft media relations materials; proof and edit client-related documents as needed in English and/or Spanish
• Maintain a thorough understanding of client’s business and industry, and understand how to translate that knowledge into solid media relations
• Experience and success working on and interacting with Fortune 500 brands with local and national general market and Hispanic media contacts is a plus
• Translate brand and key messages into packaged media concepts that get relevant media (e.g., print, broadcast, online) to talk or write about the topic/client
• Provide media outreach support, coordinate logistics, leverage social media to identify appropriate targets, conduct research, develop media lists to support client activities
• Research and develop relationships (e.g., networking and via social media) with the new generation of media influencers
• Pitch and secure stories with key bloggers and traditional media
• Work on multiple projects at one time
• Proficient in Spanish – spoken and written.
• 4+ years of media relations experience
• Experience securing Hispanic/General Market national, regional/local coverage in both traditional media (newspapers, magazines, TV) and online media (bloggers)
• Good understanding and daily usage of social media
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking and reporting tools such as Cision, HootSuite, Radian6 and Sysomos
• Travel may be required
• Expert in Associated Press (AP) style
• BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field preferred
Media savvy, solid pitch writer, curious, informed, convincing, lives online, trend watcher, news junkie, nimble, persistent, creative
GolinHarris is an equal opportunity employer, and we are very proud of our diverse culture and our people. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V
To apply: Please submit your resume to the link below. Only serious candidates with relevant experience need apply.
GolinHarris, part of The Interpublic Group of Companies (NYSE: IPG), is one of the largest global strategic communication and public relations firm with nearly 1,000 professionals in 39 offices around the world. For more than 50 years, GolinHarris has helped build, shape and reinvigorate some of the greatest brands including McDonald’s, Unilever, Toyota and Nintendo of America.
We’re an award-winning agency that’s shaping the way agencies work with clients. Our G4 model allows our employees to follow their passion while providing the best service and results for our clients. What really makes GolinHarris special is our people-centered and client-driven culture. We are proud of the friendly, collaborative environment that exists across our offices. Around the world, our people are committed to their clients and are passionate about their work.
The agency was awarded the 2013 Holmes Report Large Agency of the Year in the Americas, Gold Medal in PRWeek’s 2012 Global Agency Report Card and named an Advertising Age A-List Agency to Watch in 2011. Additional information can be found at www.golinharris.com
Major agency awards include:
• 2012 PRWeek Awards | International Consultancy of the Year
• 2012 PRCA | Large Agency of the Year
• 2012 PRWeek Awards | PR Innovation of the Year: The Bridge: Holistic Engagement Studios
• 2012 Silver SABRE | PR Service of the Year: The Bridge: Holistic Engagement Studios
• 2012 Silver SABRE | PR Agency Marketing: AFTF and PREVOLVE
• 2012 Los Angeles Best Places to Work
• Gold IPG Inclusion Award as the Multicultural Agency/Practice of the Year!